Teacher Appreciation Week

 Dear Kids: 

I think that maybe the most important part of your education will be when you grow up and realize that most adults are just kind of winging it every day. Truth be told, there are lots of days where we're not entirely sure what we're doing either. 

We rely on one another for advice so we can do things right, to find the answers, and to have our back once we make decisions... to give the appearance that we always knew what we were doing. 

Your friendships and your relationships with colleagues will matter a hell of a lot more than anything you're going to learn in a classroom. 

I feel very blessed to work with an amazing group of people every single day. I couldn't possibly love my colleagues (our admin team and teachers) more than I do.  I have the pleasure of seeing them make a real difference for you every single day through their creativity, problem solving, incredible work ethic and the desire to do their very best because they truly love you. You really are our kids too. 

It's teacher appreciation week, but I try to find ways to show my appreciation for our teachers every day of the year because they are doing amazing things all the time. 

There is no more noble career than to provide the building blocks for every other career. 

Thank you, teachers. 

You are incredible human beings and I'm humbled to be part of our profession because of the example that you set. ❤️

Comments